Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-28-2015, 12:11 PM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,383
It's interesting to compare the 22" next to a 19" and a 19V and a 23". I still think it's odd that the 19" was totally replaced by the slightly larger 19V, but that they were still making 23" tubes (calling them 22V) when these 22" tubes (21V) were only 1" smaller, yet with a wider deflection angle it made a 22" set much lighter, less deep, way earlier to move around. I've never seen a console with this tube, but I wonder why they never used them in B&W consoles in the late-60s/ 70s.

Last edited by Adam; 12-28-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-28-2015, 09:24 PM
dieseljeep dieseljeep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
It's interesting to compare the 22" next to a 19" and a 19V and a 23". I still think it's odd that the 19" was totally replaced by the slightly larger 19V, but that they were still making 23" tubes (calling them 22V) when these 22" tubes (21V) were only 1" smaller, yet with a wider deflection angle it made a 22" set much lighter, less deep, way earlier to move around. I've never seen a console with this tube, but I wonder why they never used them in B&W consoles in the late-60s/ 70s.
The earlier 19" CRT's, both B/W and color were 18" sets, 180 sq inches.
The last of the B/W consoles had 22V CRT's and 110 deg deflection.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.