Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-06-2016, 02:09 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,479
Well the 3DS3 that came with the set is actually a good tube now that it's socket has been rewired wired to supply it with filament voltage (go figure )....Found this out late last night and did not bother to post.
I had to clean the tuner and coax the fine tuning slugs out to a position where it would tune stuff, but it works decently.
The CRT tests weak, but it was able to produce a picture at 10KV yesterday, and does not substantially improve with a brightener so it is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
BTW on the left rear of PCB there are 2 2 watt carbon resistors that
go DOWN in value. They are in the video.

The C-2 is in the top 10 of junky sets BUT if you have a good one
they can give a surprizingly good picture.

73 Zeno
I adjusted color, tint, screens, drives, red and blue demodulator balances, and despite color improving and being fairly watchable, it still don't feel quite right....Did those resistors have an effect on the color matrixing?

It feels like an overgrown hybrid Portacolor, and has seemingly worse color than the best portacolor I've owned....Sound is surprisingly nice though....Seems someone thought well enough of it to add an RCA jack connected to the speaker.

Think I may still pop $5 on a correct schematic for it just so that if I ever put it in regular use somewhere, and decide to go through the color circuits with a fine tooth comb, I can.

Here are some pictures of this PB/Teledyne badged C2....It seems to be a low hours set...PCBs are fairly clean, and all the tubes are GE (most blue label).
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Captainclock Captainclock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 1,189
Which anime series where you using to test your TV out with?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-06-2016, 04:51 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
Which anime series where you using to test your TV out with?
First one is Rosario and Vampire (second season IIRC), the rest are Nanatsu no Taizai (one of the better series I seen lately). I downloaded free fansubs of them and play them on a computer with a graphics card that has an S-video out...It's like having a half vacuum tube smart TV.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.