Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3  
Old 02-16-2016, 12:53 PM
dieseljeep dieseljeep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhifi View Post
I think that it should match the RCA VTVM schematic found in their tube manuals (for example, the RC-26) close enough to be useful, it uses the same tubes, and looks a lot like an RCA of the era. Probably the main problem is those grey electrolytic and paper capacitors, I bet if you change all of those and clean the switches it will work just fine.
They all seemed to use the same tube compliment.
The Olson model shown was actually a lot better than some of their earlier VTVM's, that were made by Accurate Instrument, which was some real junk.
My first VTVM was a Knight-Kit with a higher quality meter movement, made by Phaostron. Same tube compliment with a Mullard 12AU7.
I couldn't get excited about the probes that came with it, so I bought an Eico uniprobe.
I still have it, for like 54 years.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.