Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 03-09-2016, 05:21 PM
MIPS's Avatar
MIPS MIPS is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: West Canadia
Posts: 1,023
What the heck does Philips even do these days besides make lamps, shavers and medical equipment?

DEC/LINC used stationary heads. They're uncovered and face upwards so in the wrong environment they and the tape guides would corrode.



Quote:
If it was mine and I got it working, I'd see if I could make it 100% tube....It would be cool to run a 100% empty-state video source and monitor rig, with the added benefit that if nuclear and or solar EMP's take out all PN junctions in the hemisphere you may be the only person left that can still watch actual video.
I bet you good money something like that was on the market before even this came along.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.