Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-16-2016, 08:34 PM
Tubejunke's Avatar
Tubejunke Tubejunke is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Martinsville, VA
Posts: 1,823
Ok, I remember at some point the amphenol connector from the probe fell apart in my hand. The center conductor was not connected. I thought it was just wear and tear. So I soldered it back and that's when all the noise and having to keep the gain almost off came into play. I put a new .02mfd cap in and nothing changed even though the cap was very leaky on my Heathkit IT-28 at very low DC voltage. Finally I backed off the amphenol connector so that the center conductor wasn't contacting and everything normalized. There must be something wrong in the wiring of the probe. I will have to go through the schematic and see.
__________________
"Face piles of trials with smiles, for it riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave, and keep on thinking free"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.