Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-11-2016, 05:18 PM
MIPS's Avatar
MIPS MIPS is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: West Canadia
Posts: 1,023
Took two goddamn months to get in three boxes of emery tape.....

So today I started with the resurfacing with the 240 grit. By the looks of it once the old electroplating is removed the surface is clean enough I can proceed forwards.




I noticed that the sanding was really scouring out some of the alignment pins but since I last reported in I got a nice digital caliper so I measured the positioning of the eight which were being hit the most and removed them. The process is currently extremely labout intensive and while it's doing a great job on one side the other isn't really sanding down. I'll see if I can form a bow and try again, or the plating is uneven.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-11-2016, 06:25 PM
MIPS's Avatar
MIPS MIPS is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: West Canadia
Posts: 1,023
I screwed up.
While by all means the tension around the surface of the drum should be even as the tape is pulled back and fourth it was not. This has left portions where too much aluminum has been sanded off and there is nowan uneven surface. Dammit. I also discovered that there were more guides that were slowly being sanded away so the hell with it, I measured the position of the remaining 20 guides and removed them for safekeeping. NOW would be an awesome time to separate the two halves and just lathe the damn thing but again, the two halves are press fit together.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-28-2016, 03:20 AM
Telecolor 3007's Avatar
Telecolor 3007 Telecolor 3007 is offline
I love old stuff
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Posts: 2,123
There is a guy in Holland who collects old Ducth electronics and I think you shoul write to him.
http://www.marcelstvmuseum.com/photoalbum0.html
http://www.marcelstvmuseum.com/folde...s%20EL3400.pdf
__________________
OLD, but ORIGINAL, not Made in CHINA.
Sailor Moon
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.