Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-23-2016, 08:58 AM
N2IXK's Avatar
N2IXK N2IXK is offline
Technohippie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sittin' on the "Group W" bench...
Posts: 817
The combo DVD/VHS units or VHS player only machines were the only ones I have seen in stores in recent years. The play only units being aimed at people who want to get content off their old tapes and onto a digital format, I guess...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-24-2016, 01:04 AM
centralradio centralradio is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishdude View Post
They were all DVD/VCR combos being produced?
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2IXK View Post
The combo DVD/VHS units or VHS player only machines were the only ones I have seen in stores in recent years. The play only units being aimed at people who want to get content off their old tapes and onto a digital format, I guess...
I agree.They copy their home videos to DVD and 4 years go by and find out the DVD are flaking ,scratched,corrupted and by that time they got rid of their home videos of their loved ones .How sad is that.Those Magnavox decks I've mentioned probably are Funai made.When I make copies of home videos like I'm doing now is I make a copy for myself and give another to my sister and rip a copy to my computer and move it onto my backup external drive and save the VHS master tapes.There is to much to loose of those memories of family home videos and photos due to the unstable world of digital.It really burns me up when people dump their home videos and photos.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-25-2016, 09:53 PM
centralradio centralradio is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
I agree.They copy their home videos to DVD and 4 years go by and find out the DVD are flaking ,scratched,corrupted and by that time they got rid of their home videos of their loved ones .How sad is that.Those Magnavox decks I've mentioned probably are Funai made.When I make copies of home videos like I'm doing now is I make a copy for myself and give another to my sister and rip a copy to my computer and move it onto my backup external drive and save the VHS master tapes.There is to much to loose of those memories of family home videos and photos due to the unstable world of digital.It really burns me up when people dump their home videos and photos.
Update.Walmart has the Sanyo combo's there as I saw 4 on the shelf.Don't see the Maggie combo any more.

Last edited by centralradio; 07-26-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.