Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-23-2016, 12:47 PM
TUD1 TUD1 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,616
I got yet another B&K tube tester today at the radio club. It's a B&K 465 - one that I've wanted for a long time. Unfortunately, the color adaptors are all busted and it doesn't read right. If I can ever find my contact cleaner, I'll take it apart and clean the controls. I did not get the manual with this - does anybody know what the switch that says "Meter N/S" means?

Last edited by TUD1; 03-12-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-24-2016, 03:57 PM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUD1 View Post
I did not get the manual with this - does anybody know what the switch that says "Meter N/S" means?
It is a meter sensitivity switch... most tubes are tested in the normal (N) position, but some require the sensitive (S) position.

9yp4, 140ab4, 140cb4, 230db4, 230eb4, 230hb4, a2310w, ct468 and 11sp22 require the S position.

jr
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.