Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7  
Old 09-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,383
I like the dvd/vhs combo players (I have 2 JVC, an RCA, and a Zenith, and one JVC VCR-only) and the Zenith/Insignia converter boxes (I have 4). I've heard good things about the Channel Master converters, but I've never tried one. I've tried the Radio Shack converters - they work just fine, but I prefer the metal cabinets the Zenith/Insignia ones come in to the plastic ones they use on the Radio Shack models.

In the room I keep most of my TV collection in, I use a B-T agile modulator wired in to most of the sets (Hard wiring them is the only way I can get a clear picture with no interference of any kind). In the basement, I also have one of those agile modulators, but I just wired it up to my main watcher down there (69 Zenith 22" metal cabinet B&W), and then transmit off of the built in antenna if I want to watch another set. In the living room, I just use this small ch 3/4 video modulator with a built-in 4-way switch on the input, going to my '68 Zenith 25" color console. I also have one spare B-T agile modulator.

It does concern me that the era of cheap plentiful DVD/VHS combo players at thrifts won't last forever. It's not like I repair them, just last week when I picked up those 2 JVC DVD/VHS, I tossed a Toshiba DVD/VHS and a GPX DVD-only that had been giving me trouble. Eventually, I like the idea of picking up a few nice early model VCRs that can be maintained, but for now the flow of cheap dvd/vhs players doesn't seem to be slowing down.

Last edited by Adam; 09-10-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.