Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-29-2016, 06:58 AM
EdKozk2 EdKozk2 is offline
Tinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Elkhorn, WI
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
Holy crap said the kitty.What a load you got there.I would check and see whats on them before recording over them.You may have Youtube gold on those tapes.Be careful and watch your back .They get heavy.
I try to never record over any video tape. Those boxes of beta tapes were heavy, we had to stop and catch our breath a few times on the way to the car. Many of the beta tapes are movies I've never heard of or watched.
I still use tape media for home video recording and then transfer it to DVD.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-29-2016, 03:31 PM
Captainclock Captainclock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdKozk2 View Post
I try to never record over any video tape. Those boxes of beta tapes were heavy, we had to stop and catch our breath a few times on the way to the car. Many of the beta tapes are movies I've never heard of or watched.
I still use tape media for home video recording and then transfer it to DVD.
I too have a Sony SL-HF400 Hi-Fi Beta machine, that I had actually bought off of the Goodwill Salvage (I work at goodwill so that's how I did it) and the machine still works but the cover over the display is busted and its missing its door that goes over the function keys, maybe if you don't want to fiddle around with your Sony Machine you got maybe I could buy yours for parts?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-29-2016, 11:41 PM
centralradio centralradio is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdKozk2 View Post
I try to never record over any video tape. Those boxes of beta tapes were heavy, we had to stop and catch our breath a few times on the way to the car. Many of the beta tapes are movies I've never heard of or watched.
I still use tape media for home video recording and then transfer it to DVD.
I figure that you and your help took a break moving those boxes.Thats great that you dont record over them.Winter is coming .Now you got some movies to watch.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.