Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-01-2016, 05:06 PM
centralradio centralradio is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,097
The FCC ID tag should look like the one in the photo.This is used as a example.
Attached Images
File Type: png FCC-ID-A4R-GG1-e-label.png (51.1 KB, 5 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-01-2016, 10:23 PM
Captainclock Captainclock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
The FCC ID tag should look like the one in the photo.This is used as a example.
the post before your post was the FCC ID off this VCR, I looked up the ID and it was indeed JVC/Kenwood that made this VCR which means that JVC themselves made this VCR and not some other company for JVC.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-02-2016, 12:45 AM
dishdude's Avatar
dishdude dishdude is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
the post before your post was the FCC ID off this VCR, I looked up the ID and it was indeed JVC/Kenwood that made this VCR which means that JVC themselves made this VCR and not some other company for JVC.
I don't think JVC ever had another company make their VCRs.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-02-2016, 12:52 PM
centralradio centralradio is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,097
I'll be surprised that Kenwood made their VCRs.I have a Kenwood somewhere here.I might be wrong but I think it was Matsushita"Panasonic" and JVC was the original makers then Sony got into it and later after the loss of Betamax. Funai made the cheap ones in later years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VHS
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-02-2016, 02:34 PM
Captainclock Captainclock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
I'll be surprised that Kenwood made their VCRs.I have a Kenwood somewhere here.I might be wrong but I think it was Matsushita"Panasonic" and JVC was the original makers then Sony got into it and later after the loss of Betamax. Funai made the cheap ones in later years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VHS
Well like I said JVC seems to of made their own VCRs including mine, and I think Panasonic and Quasar also was made by their own compay (Matsushita), So yeah it seems that only the Japanese companies made their own units whereas by the time VHS came around all of the American companies had Japanese companies building their units for them like Zenith Using JVC and then Later on Goldstar for their later units (which Goldstar was actually Korean), so yeah, its kind of funny how that works.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 10-02-2016, 02:38 PM
Captainclock Captainclock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishdude View Post
I don't think JVC ever had another company make their VCRs.
Yeah, I think so too, I'm pretty sure most of the Japanese companies made their own stuff (unlike our American Companies who couldn't make their own stuff anymore by the time VHS came around), because I know Hitachi, JVC (which interestingly enough JVC was actually the Japanese subsidy of RCA originally but then RCA dropped them after a while), Panasonic, Quasar, and Sony (at one time) made all of their own stuff in house, and most of the companies listed (except Sony) still do.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.