Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-12-2016, 03:11 PM
pac.attack76's Avatar
pac.attack76 pac.attack76 is offline
Stuck in the past
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,311
Looks nice but I would have passed on it being what it is. My ps3 will play blu ray discs. I many movies do I have on blu ray? One. I'm not a fan of newer tech. Had a few flat screens and sold all of them. I'd rather put my money in vcr equipment and similar items. Half of what I get has been free too.
__________________
Genesis does what Nintendon't
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-12-2016, 04:13 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac.attack76 View Post
Looks nice but I would have passed on it being what it is. My ps3 will play blu ray discs. I many movies do I have on blu ray? One. I'm not a fan of newer tech. Had a few flat screens and sold all of them. I'd rather put my money in vcr equipment and similar items. Half of what I get has been free too.
I can see the value in owning a first gen machine as a collectible. A large portion of the value of the CT-100 and the Westinghouse equivalent (that some forget beat RCA to market) is that they are the 'first' to exist. If 21" all glass CRT based color sets came to market first and they just happened to make the 15GP22 as a low price color set better than half the folks that care about them would not give a damn...

I like to collect recording formats and players, and got one U-matic deck and tapes....When I discovered it was the first model, Sony's flag-ship VO-1600 it became all the more special to me...Would I grab 5 more decks of that format?...Hell no (maybe one good one for a spare)!

If I found a BD player like that for cheap, I would buy it...Just because I know it will increase in value with time. And I actually do have enough gear to play BDs but no discs yet...
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.