Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-18-2016, 11:24 AM
DavGoodlin's Avatar
DavGoodlin DavGoodlin is offline
Motorola Minion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: near Strasburg PA
Posts: 3,504
Sorry to hear about the accident Al. I hated driving around the DC area when I lived there 30 years ago, I guess not much changes.

The first thing you need to do is test the CRT just to make sure there is no gas problem. Next check the HV and my guess (and hope) is you lost the 3A3. I recall the
3DJ3 failing in our Zenith when I was 10, and it did this effect with a load buzz-pop IIRC.
__________________
"When resistors increase in value, they're worthless"
-Dave G
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-18-2016, 11:28 AM
bigaudioal's Avatar
bigaudioal bigaudioal is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 623
My first step was to test that CRT and PRAY it still tests good. Hoping it is NOT that. That's the rebuilt 21AXP22 you found, Dave.

Here's hoping the 3A3 went.
__________________
-Al
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.