Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-27-2018, 07:26 PM
MadMan's Avatar
MadMan MadMan is offline
The Resident Brony
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,218
Well you know what they say: if there ain't no wax under it, there ain't no wax in it.

Er... wait.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-28-2018, 03:58 PM
Crist Rigott Crist Rigott is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Waxahachie, TX
Posts: 1,519
I have a question about a cap that is used in this TV. It is C63 and it is listed as a .00025uf 600V cap. The one in the chassis is indeed a .00025uf 600 paper cap. It is used as a Sync Coupling cap. Can I use a 250pf 500V mica cap instead? I can't find this value anywhere in a film capacitor. I've included the area of the schematic that it is used. I would think a mica cap would be better than using a ceramic disc cap.....right?


Last edited by Crist Rigott; 02-01-2018 at 07:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-28-2018, 05:01 PM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,573
I would think that a mica cap would work fine in that application.... surprised to see such a small value paper cap.

jr
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-28-2018, 05:13 PM
Crist Rigott Crist Rigott is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Waxahachie, TX
Posts: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
I would think that a mica cap would work fine in that application.... surprised to see such a small value paper cap.

jr
Good!......Me too! Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-29-2018, 12:47 AM
Crist Rigott Crist Rigott is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Waxahachie, TX
Posts: 1,519
OK, finished the Horizontal section tonight. Tomorrow I'll power it up and check my progress.



Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 01-30-2018, 07:30 PM
Crist Rigott Crist Rigott is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Waxahachie, TX
Posts: 1,519
Finished the vertical section today.
When I powered it up I still got good audio but still no video. I then tried direct video injection and after turning the H. Freq. adjustment I got a picture. Things are looking up.

I think I'll do the Video Amp section then roll onto the Audio next.




Last edited by Crist Rigott; 01-30-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-31-2018, 10:30 PM
Crist Rigott Crist Rigott is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Waxahachie, TX
Posts: 1,519
Completed some of the power supply section and the video amp section. The picture below is direct video injection to the video amp tube. Getting better.




Last edited by Crist Rigott; 02-01-2018 at 07:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.