Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 12-10-2018, 12:04 PM
DavGoodlin's Avatar
DavGoodlin DavGoodlin is offline
Motorola Minion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: near Strasburg PA
Posts: 3,504
I was able to download the pictures and your set looks similar to one (1961 model H2735) I rescued in a snow bank a few years back. It was free for the taking and I was not about to pass it up. It has the 3-legged starfish knob used on the less expensive models, lit knob-dial not the channel window knob.

I did see a few bumblebees when I took the service saver cover off. They looked to be far enough away from the fly and vertical stage that they were not a concern.
So, I powered it up and got a great picture after I brought it in and let it dry out. It sits under my bench waiting for a spot in my display room. These Zenith's exemplified the term "durable goods".

A neighbor/friend of mine had one just like yours in a metal cabinet 23" version. It sat in a 2-foot deep windowsill in the stone-house living room and played without much service until it was replaced with a 1970 Chromacolor. He is my age, so I think he has both sets. LADR, I sure hope yours turns out good!
__________________
"When resistors increase in value, they're worthless"
-Dave G

Last edited by DavGoodlin; 12-10-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.