![]() |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I have a Toshiba Beta VCR (don't have the model plate in front of me now) that every time it is plugged in will initially display 60Hz for a couple sec then revert to time or counter...Half of Japan is 50Hz power (rest is 60Hz), and a number of NTSC countries are 50Hz power.
In the US it is a common practice to use the power grid frequency to act as a reference for mechanical and digital clocks (count 60 cycles on a 60Hz grid and you have exactly a second)...I believe the same can be done on 50Hz. Knowing if the VCR is recognizing the power grid frequency correctly could aid in diagnosing the clock drifting.
__________________
Tom C. Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off! What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4 |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|