Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-08-2019, 05:09 PM
Gleb's Avatar
Gleb Gleb is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Russia
Posts: 66
I don't know exactly about US-made sets but I met 'ohmic' HV heater windings in some early Russian televisions. Just a precaution to be sure that it's not your case.
__________________
To understand a bygone era, you should use things from it

Last edited by Gleb; 02-08-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-08-2019, 09:59 PM
Crist Rigott Crist Rigott is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Waxahachie, TX
Posts: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleb View Post
I don't know exactly about US-made sets but I met 'ohmic' HV heater windings in some early Russian televisions. Just a precaution to be sure that it's not your case.
Mine uses wire. It does use a 3.9 ohm resistor. Which was replaced.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-08-2019, 10:06 PM
Crist Rigott Crist Rigott is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Waxahachie, TX
Posts: 1,519
Today I tackled the HV cage mod. I cut away the corner and made a triangular filler piece. Then cleaned it up and painted it a silver color. I wanted it a bit different color than the chassis.

I then finished up wiring the HV cage. I replaced all the HV wire, except the HV lead to the CRT.

Then I could finish up wiring in the Yoke wires. All done except the 300 Ohm twin lead from the Tuner to the terminals. Then on to first power up.





Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.