Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-07-2019, 02:44 AM
freakaftr8's Avatar
freakaftr8 freakaftr8 is offline
Convergence freak!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Folsom, CA (no not in the prison)
Posts: 1,778
Ok. I gave my homebrew crt rejuvenation by cranking up R,B,G drives, screen g2 and sub brightness and sub contrast one more go just for the heck of it to try to bump this sleepy CRT awake since I wasn't happy about the red and green smearing issue I was having since the picture level had to be at a less than adequate level to make the smearing livable. I figured what do I have to lose, after all it was free.

So for 2 hours I let it cook like this in the garage to the intro to Family Guy where I saw it the worst.. After about 20 minutes I saw some red background flickering, then it gow worse. All the sudden the red bloomed in like crazy, then faded back to normal.. The red smear became green. 5 minutes after that, the green did the same thing, then the green smear dissapeared.

So I backed everything back down to midrange after letting it cook for another 1.5 hours.

What I found is if screen G2 is all the way up, sub brightness all the way down, this eliminates 90 percent of the color smearing.

Still convinced its a weak crt.

Btw, anode HV is right at 28.9KV. Reference decal says 29KV
I also looked over the neckboard for solder cracks.
__________________
Honey, turn on the tv.. I'm cold!

Last edited by freakaftr8; 09-07-2019 at 10:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.