![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
It's a nice set, and you'll be hard pressed to find another, but these big console TV's, unfortunately, have very little collector interest, especially these days. Beyond mechanical/pre-war TV's, rare early post-war's, early color, and the rarer Predicta models, vintage TV's are "labors of love". Like with this W-G, you can get a lot of nostalgic enjoyment out of it, but forget getting a good price when you sell. What you need to do is find someone who likes the set and basically take any decent deal.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
All good points, thank you for the feedback! I guess 10-15 years ago the early big CRT sets were more popular (Dumont 21", Zenith Portholes, etc). Apparently I'm like most early TV enthusiasts, I don't really want a huge console taking up all my space either.
Maybe what will be best is for me to do is take the set home, fix some of the remaining details (namely the ion trap/CRT issue, alignment), and see where that puts things. If another collector likes this set enough I could also see trading for a smaller set. |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|