Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #16  
Old 10-06-2019, 12:43 AM
freakaftr8's Avatar
freakaftr8 freakaftr8 is offline
Convergence freak!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Folsom, CA (no not in the prison)
Posts: 1,778
Got bored today while waiting on some caps on order for my CTC-16..

With the junk CRT tester I have connected to the heater voltage on this Sony, I performed something that came to mind.. A little experiment of sorts.

I notice that when I jump the voltage up to around 8V, I get green saturation that seems to lack at 6.3v. With heaters running at normal voltage I get green smearing to the right and in kind of reddish whites.

I would jump the CRT voltage to around 12 and without hitting the tube with a rejuvenator, I would hold it there in tap the back of the neck well I bring it the heater voltage back to 6.3v. I did this roughly 10 times and when to hold it at the 12v for about 10 minutes each time. And every minute I would tap the neck with the handle of a screwdriver. (This is because every time at high heater voltage, the green would flicker in if I tapped the neck)

Every time I would bring it back down to 6.3, the picture Room go back to a murky reddish color with greeny whites with some smearing. After about the 5th or 6th time running at 12 V I had a massive amount of green saturation, Then the picture went bright green with retrace lines. At that point I brought it back down to 6.3 and the green screen with the retrace slowly faded back down. Suddenly I had the picture you see here. No more blur Or smearing at all. On a neck of the CRT by measuring a 143 V on the green where I had a 111 V before . Blue and red
measure about a 148 V.

Is this the AKB circuit balancing the guns? I didn't thing. Set of this vintage has auto kine bias.. But man, surprisingly it looks way better. I had to rebalance the drives to compensate for the sudden green gun improvement. Red seems better too from early on with the crazy chassis derived rejuvenation I did. Lol. I'm close to dumping this thing off to e waste, but thought I'd have some fun with it. Now it looks really good...

Wonder for how long. It's been on all day and still looks surprisingly good. oh well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191005_202328.jpg (29.9 KB, 44 views)
__________________
Honey, turn on the tv.. I'm cold!
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.