Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Portable Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-21-2019, 10:11 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Could be, maybe not. Think I've read-Likely here, but I've heard/read that these l'il guys were built like the proverbial battleships & sometimes need little or nothing to start going again. Naturally, since the gummint, in its INFINITE wisdom, killed off NTSC, their invincibility means little today. We had a local Channel 2 here in Bugtussle-the local PBS channel- about 15 miles distant from my house, & they came in better than cable. Would STILL like to find the FCC Nincompoop who signed off on killing NTSC, & plant my size 13 triple wide Redwings where the Sun don't shine...They were PBS for this whole area, we had a house near Boone, NC, 100 miles distant, & they put a passable signal in over there.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-21-2019, 12:22 PM
manhattanman manhattanman is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16
Yeah. I live on the first floor in Manhattan. Can't even get reception with a converter box. I knew when it all switched to digital signal everything would go to hell for vintage television collectors. I was right.

Anyone know how long this set was in production? I know Philco filed for bankruptcy in 1960 and sold to Ford in '61.

It'll assume a premium location on my trophy shelf. I'll restore the cosmetics so it looks nearly new. Lucky to have the screen door. Many are missing. Love the way it presents. Very 1959 (I was in second grade.). The price was right, too.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.