![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
You may have to do additional recapping to make the B+ close enough to spec for the horizontal to work....Philco TVs prior to the late 50s were designed by cap happy engineers and have such a plethora of caps that often they won't work at all before a full recap, but often work just fine after just the recap.
__________________
Tom C. Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off! What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4 |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Quote:
Appreciate the tip! I don't really like the shotgun approach to cap replacement, especially in a TV, but in this case it may be the only way to go. It sounds like these sets were well made. Aside from the usual stuff that needs replacing, do Philcos from this era have any quirks or failure-prone components I should be aware of? Thanks again for the help, Tim |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|