Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-17-2021, 01:29 AM
Jon1967us Jon1967us is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 350
Raising this thread again to ask...If I want to inject video from a set top box, can I use the F connector/coax from the box or should I use an rca coming from the composite yellow jack on the box?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-17-2021, 05:32 AM
Yamamaya42's Avatar
Yamamaya42 Yamamaya42 is online now
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Round Rock TX
Posts: 3,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon1967us View Post
Raising this thread again to ask...If I want to inject video from a set top box, can I use the F connector/coax from the box or should I use an rca coming from the composite yellow jack on the box?
the composite yellow jack on the box.

the F connector is modulated output
https://antiqueradio.org/A-V_AdapterForVintageTVs.htm
__________________
=^-^=
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.
いとおしい人のために
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-17-2021, 03:51 PM
Jon1967us Jon1967us is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamamaya42 View Post
the composite yellow jack on the box.

the F connector is modulated output
https://antiqueradio.org/A-V_AdapterForVintageTVs.htm
Thx for the tip. I tried my pattern gen and composite out from my converter box and and it worked. I'm trying to isolate where smearing is being produced in the video chain, on my CTC-16XH. Fed the signal into the 1st Vid amp and there was smearing. Fed into the 2nd, and although the image was reversed, I didn't see evidence of it at that point, so I think it's between those two points, probably due to a leaky coupling cap...3.4pF(?)...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.