![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
There were two types of flyback failures in those: a shorted turn which would be evident by a burned stripe around the secondary core and a burn through from the 3A3 cup to the core.
EDIT: Does the 15 have the 3A3 socket??? Back in the old days, we used to carefully scrub down the burned section from the 3A3 cap to the core and put several coats of corona dope on them. We'd do them "in frame" in the house. These would last quite a while, enough time to schedule a flyback replacement or a new TV delivery. I haven't seen one of these in over 40 years but if it has the burn between the 3A3 and core, I'd try removing the flyback and really cleaning it up well. I'd also use the RTV that doesn't have the acetic acid in it. Might be a permanent fix. Nothing to lose to try. John Last edited by JohnCT; 06-06-2021 at 08:51 AM. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
The CTC-15 and earlier all had a wire running 2-3" out of the flyback to the top cap connector of the HV rect. Every RCA color chassis number has a flyback a little different from the others, but the 15 is easy to identify because it didn't use a focus rectifier tube, but instead a a selenium stick focus rect. How have you checked your original to determine that it's bad? There some faults and methods of checking that can easily fool you into thinking the flyback is shot. I've had it happen to me before.
__________________
Tom C. Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off! What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4 |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|