Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-01-2021, 08:00 PM
Donny's Avatar
Donny Donny is offline
Lets be bad guys.
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Vidor TX
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
Cool looking set ! Is it a 24 inch?

jr
I haven't measured but I think it's a 21-22inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdude1 View Post
Great find good for you
Thanks. I just asked if it was fore sale. The lady replied "yes but the least he will take is $200" My reply sold! Much to her surprise! She seemed happy to sell it. Someone unbolted the chassis...So I got a huge crash when I loaded it. Also looks like a cap exploded!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-02-2021, 06:16 PM
Yamamaya42's Avatar
Yamamaya42 Yamamaya42 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Round Rock TX
Posts: 3,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny View Post
I haven't measured but I think it's a 21-22inch


Thanks. I just asked if it was fore sale. The lady replied "yes but the least he will take is $200" My reply sold! Much to her surprise! She seemed happy to sell it. Someone unbolted the chassis...So I got a huge crash when I loaded it. Also looks like a cap exploded!
20 inch

how zenith does model numbers is number of tubes in chassis by CRT size
so the 22t20 zenith will have 22 tubes with a 20 inch CRT.
this can be confirmed by the tube chart on the left side, of course
__________________
=^-^=
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.
いとおしい人のために
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-02-2021, 08:11 PM
dieseljeep dieseljeep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamamaya42 View Post
20 inch

how zenith does model numbers is number of tubes in chassis by CRT size
so the 22t20 zenith will have 22 tubes with a 20 inch CRT.
this can be confirmed by the tube chart on the left side, of course
That CRT looks like a 21AMP4, aluminized, possibly an RCA.
I hope that CRT isn't damaged. It should be recapped.
The audio can be aligned so it doesn't buzz.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-02-2021, 09:04 PM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
That CRT looks like a 21AMP4, aluminized, possibly an RCA.
Then it would be a 21 inch, for sure... I think that I found the set (in blond) on the Tv History site: http://www.tvhistory.tv/1956-Zenith-X2359E.JPG

jr
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-03-2021, 07:17 AM
Yamamaya42's Avatar
Yamamaya42 Yamamaya42 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Round Rock TX
Posts: 3,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
That CRT looks like a 21AMP4, aluminized, possibly an RCA.
I hope that CRT isn't damaged. It should be recapped.
The audio can be aligned so it doesn't buzz.
Well, I was going by what he said in this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lZIJQ-cKDs&t=354s .

about Zenith numbers, right /wrong no idea, he seemed to make sense though.

But as I mentioned, the CRT# should be on the CRT, and the tube placement chart, and should remove all doubt?
__________________
=^-^=
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.
いとおしい人のために
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 08-03-2021, 09:01 AM
Notimetolooz's Avatar
Notimetolooz Notimetolooz is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 548
I don't consider Shango to be a great authority on things. His indifferent tone of voice troubles me, sounds like he couldn't give a zip how things turn out. Fix it or trash it, seems not to make any difference to him.

Yes, Zenith chassis in that era did use the code #tubes, year, CRT size.
However CRTs at the time and size range tended to be odd inches, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, etc. Also the chassis could be used with a small range of CRT sizes, to that same chassis would work with a 19 inch or 21 inch CRT for instance.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-03-2021, 12:21 PM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notimetolooz View Post

Yes, Zenith chassis in that era did use the code #tubes, year, CRT size.
However CRTs at the time and size range tended to be odd inches, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, etc. Also the chassis could be used with a small range of CRT sizes, to that same chassis would work with a 19 inch or 21 inch CRT for instance.
Indeed, a list of Zenith model numbers and some chassis numbers from the 50’s show no exact correlation to CRT size: http://www.tvhistory.tv/1950-59-ZENITH.htm

jr
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.