Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9  
Old 10-15-2021, 02:09 PM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
RCA 741PCS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,826
Lol. I got around to testing the tubes and half are bad. The 6AG5 RF amp is full of shorts. The 6SL7 and two 12SN7 and very weak. A few 6AU6 are marginal. Suprising it works as well as it does.

I'm thinking they used it a moderate amount and never had it serviced. It's a shame, but they have to go.





That ratio detector cap has blown t's guts. Amazing the set works as well as it does on all these bad parts.


I've never seen one of these sets with every single screw on the HV cover in place.


Chassis is stamped Dec 14, 1949


No nonsense recap is done. I saved all the original caps and took loads of reference photos. If the owner wants the restuffed, I will.
__________________
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.