Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-11-2022, 01:05 AM
ppppenguin's Avatar
ppppenguin ppppenguin is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post
An Application of Ohm's Law should help you with this.

V=I/R

I hope this helps.
This is not correct.

V= I x R

Which can be re-arranged as:

I = V/R

or

R = V/I

It would help if the OP gave us an idea of what he's trying to do. A resistor might be the right way to drop the voltage. In other applications a voltage regulator chip might be better.
__________________
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-11-2022, 01:36 AM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppppenguin View Post
This is not correct.

V= I x R

Which can be re-arranged as:

I = V/R

or

R = V/I

It would help if the OP gave us an idea of what he's trying to do. A resistor might be the right way to drop the voltage. In other applications a voltage regulator chip might be better.
If it's a heater supply and the source is AC a diode might even suffice.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.