Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #12  
Old 01-18-2022, 10:28 PM
starbond starbond is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC Tech-109 View Post
The Panasonic PV chassis was also used for the commercial NV series decks. As a rule of thumb PV is consumer grade, NV is the industrial line for the school and business while the AG series is the "professional" high end of the spectrum. These are the steel and brass tanks that only run at the SP speed, stability and reliability.
Sony bought and rebranded Hitachi VHS decks as their own for a while, don't know if they ever made their own designs as their videotape equipment was geard to the professional betacam world.
That brings up a question, do the AG end models not support LP in playback?
I know for sure not for recording, as my Sony only does SP/EP. I was considering getting an AG model deck to consolidate the 3 piece system i have now, but if it cant do LP then im in trouble.. i might be better off getting that PV and fixing it up.
You mention Sony rebranding Hitachi which is interesting, I suppose something that is also interesting (but less so) is that Quasar had rebranded Panasonic models as well. I know Matsushita made both (I'm the same guy who restored that Quasar VX format machine years ago...) but I wonder what the differences in quality wouldve been. Compare this Quasar deck to my PV-1430 and its pretty similar..
http://vintageelectronics.betamaxcol...lvh5346xe.html
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.