Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-01-2022, 05:50 PM
vortalexfan vortalexfan is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 1,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
If it follows the numbering scheme used on this example, the last two digits are a date code (perhaps the first month of 1987 ?)

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/3...BA-1202965.pdf

Perhaps the 40 indicates 400 volt?

just a WAG,
jr
Well I ordered some diodes from mouser that had similar specs to the original rectifier bridge (which I did find a spec sheet for an S40 type S1WB rectifier bridge), so we'll see what happens when it gets here, I had also replaced one of the main filter caps (the 4.7 uF 200 VDC filter cap) that tested bad (had extremely high ESR value of 15k ohms.)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-03-2022, 04:11 PM
vortalexfan vortalexfan is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 1,986
UPDATE: Replaced the bridge rectifier and the VCR is still blowing fuses, so I wonder if maybe the Q1 is bad in the power supply board (the transistor on the heatsink.) when I did the diode test it seemed like it checked fine, but maybe I wasn't doing the check correctly.

What would the correct replacement for that transistor be? I looked up that transistor (it was a Panasonic part number) and it didn't seem to cross-reference to anything currently being made (no NTE parts or anything.)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.