Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-26-2022, 06:49 AM
vortalexfan vortalexfan is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 1,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I own the same model of radio and can assure you that the RCA type TUNER jack is a line level audio output for an external amplifier. The inside of the back flap even has the schematic printed on it...I took a picture and used the pencil to point out the jack at the first audio stage.

It's possible if there's no low pass filter to remove the FM MPX stereo ultrasonic carriers you MIGHT be able to plug an accessory FM MPX decoder from a early 60s console, connect it and get FM stereo demodulation, but I haven't tried it or looked for said filter.

What's interesting is it can function as an audio input too. I've been able to tune to a silent channel then back feed the tuner jack through an adapter on the headphone jack on my phone and use my Zenith as an amplified speaker for my phone (it's the secret behind how I played a specific piece of music on that radio in a YouTube video).
OK, I wasn't sure, because I know some of the early add-on tuners like old Pilot FM Tuner from the late 1940s worked where it wasn't necessarily a line-level output that it was outputting to the radio it was being connected to.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-26-2022, 12:02 PM
kf4rca kf4rca is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 961
They sure did make a lot of them.
What you could do is add a digital display, an S meter and a BFO and you would be all set to listen to the pirates on 6925 on Friday and Saturday nites!
You certainly would have enough space in the bottom where the batteries used to sit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G500.jpg (150.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 6T40_1.jpg (63.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 6T40_2.jpg (87.9 KB, 6 views)
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.