Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-22-2022, 10:42 PM
Ricktptman Ricktptman is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SE United States
Posts: 11
Thanks for your reply. I work on solid state gear all the time. But not these things that are 90% meant to not be worked on (nor were built by) human hands. I might be able to get by with replacing the entire PS board, but I don't want to throw good money after, well...good money.

Thanks again for the advice!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-23-2022, 10:05 AM
Ed in Tx's Avatar
Ed in Tx Ed in Tx is offline
Zenith Walton My 1st TV
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricktptman View Post
Thanks for your reply. I work on solid state gear all the time. But not these things that are 90% meant to not be worked on (nor were built by) human hands. I might be able to get by with replacing the entire PS board, but I don't want to throw good money after, well...good money.

Thanks again for the advice!
It certainly is meant to be worked on, or repaired. Sony wouldn't have published a service manual if it wasn't.

Here's a link to the power supply check procedure. That's a nice player, would be a shame to give up on it.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/89...age=113#manual
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.