Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-25-2022, 11:48 AM
DVtyro DVtyro is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith2134 View Post
What I find interesting is how some of the very last VHS decks can really have superior pix quality (due to the addition of VHS-HQ standard with better luminance extension, and the smaller headgap of 19-micron head), but the build quality is that of a toy. Zero (or near zero) reliability of the mechs in the 2000s decks. So, some of the 90s stuff is the best of both for me.
I have a 2008 Sony VHS+DVD combo machine. Does not say "SQPB" on the faceplate, but the manual says it plays SVHS tapes. The tape deck works, but the DVD does not, which to me is surprising, I expected the opposite. So, I guess, optical drives had become even more throwaway designs by the late 2000s than tape decks.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.