Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-08-2022, 01:08 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,479
Better than a Lincoln, surely you jest. My 78 Lincoln Mark V is longer, lighter, and has 20more cubic inches of engine. :p

That Chrysler is a pretty nice boat though. Treat her Right.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-08-2022, 03:31 PM
Big Tuna's Avatar
Big Tuna Big Tuna is offline
Sorry, Charlie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Texas
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Better than a Lincoln, surely you jest. My 78 Lincoln Mark V is longer, lighter, and has 20more cubic inches of engine. :p

That Chrysler is a pretty nice boat though. Treat her Right.
Now now, I didn't say it was better, I said it can out gun it, even though your mk V is 20 more cubes, and my car is a tad heavier, my car is in a earlier state of tune, being at 74 spec 230 hp and 415 ft lbs. The Mk V is 230 inches long and 76-78 new yorkers are 231" long. It is in fact longer, haha! I love Lincolns. My dad had many when I was growing up in the 70's. My favorite was the '75 Mk IV Blue Diamond.
__________________
<b>If Everybody Had Everything They Wanted, The World Would Be a Pretty Boring Place-CMC</b>
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-14-2022, 05:32 AM
init4fun's Avatar
init4fun init4fun is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Better than a Lincoln, surely you jest. My 78 Lincoln Mark V is longer, lighter, and has 20more cubic inches of engine. :p

That Chrysler is a pretty nice boat though. Treat her Right.
Not to pile on here, but, I've got a whole picture album of the vintage Cadillacs and Lincolns I've owned, , , and the only MOPAR in the crew was my 1970 Road Runner. Generally, Chrysler products never really interested me.....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-14-2022, 09:58 AM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Not to pile on here, but, I've got a whole picture album of the vintage Cadillacs and Lincolns I've owned, , , and the only MOPAR in the crew was my 1970 Road Runner. Generally, Chrysler products never really interested me.....
More or less the same here except I've yet to own a mopar... I'd really like to own a forward look car but they're hard to find in that affordable driver middle ground between rusted out basket case and $60k restoration. Don't have time for a basket case, and if I'm going to spend 60k it's going to be towards a house not on a car...Also I don't want no stinking trailer queen that's too nice to actually drive.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-14-2022, 11:31 AM
dieseljeep dieseljeep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
More or less the same here except I've yet to own a mopar... I'd really like to own a forward look car but they're hard to find in that affordable driver middle ground between rusted out basket case and $60k restoration. Don't have time for a basket case, and if I'm going to spend 60k it's going to be towards a house not on a car...Also I don't want no stinking trailer queen that's too nice to actually drive.
I only owned one GM product and that was enough to form an opinion on them. They're fine if you buy them new and trade them before the warrantee runs out!
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.