Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-14-2023, 05:39 PM
DVtyro DVtyro is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 182
Ah! Ok, I get this now. This is the relationship between frequency and resolution. Higher frequency creates a finer pattern of bright and dark samples, which means more detail. And a complex image is made of a combination of different patterns. I think I get it now without learning too deep about Fourier transforms. BTW, this video is awesome! I think I understand the concept now.

So, there is a "cloud" of frequencies around the carrier representing a complex pattern. This cloud changes every 1/60 of a second for interlaced video. Well, actually it changes constantly, as analog video is just one big string of samples. I guess my attempts to imagine how it would look like in static are pointless, because frequency by definition presumes something happening over time.

I am not sure this helps me understand the relationship between the pattern onscreen and some of its parts being brighter or darker.

Last edited by DVtyro; 01-14-2023 at 06:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.