Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Portable Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-14-2023, 07:27 PM
HelloVoltage HelloVoltage is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
I have experience in this matter from repairing a few arcade cabinets with reflectors.
Please provide all available information on the crt, and the video source.

Welcome to videokarma.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-14-2023, 09:34 PM
samu samu is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloVoltage View Post
I have experience in this matter from repairing a few arcade cabinets with reflectors.
Please provide all available information on the crt, and the video source.

Welcome to videokarma.
Thank you,

The video source is composite, coming from a Nintendo Wii.

It's hard to find information on these, it seems like there are many variations of these Chinese versions of the 04JM Sony tube.

My CRT is marked model no. YC-103A, but nothing comes up online for that.
Most other images I find online have their board marked with either Sony or Tosho, mine only says YC-103 with no manufacturer name.

Here's a site that has a lot of information on similar products. ( https://geeseang.wordpress.com/exper...lat-4inch-crt/ )

My model has an LA7806 IC controller, which could be important as I believe this is what drives the deflection coils?

Only other information I could find that seems to be from a potential manufacturer is here ( http://www.hanseelec.com/product/vie...CRT-002&ku=CRT ) , but again, not a perfect match to mine.

I'll attach some pictures of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-7886.jpg (73.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-7883.jpg (39.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-7882.jpg (78.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-7896.jpg (66.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg inputs4inch.jpg (29.3 KB, 15 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-15-2023, 09:34 AM
zeno's Avatar
zeno zeno is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,918
I dont know about lolly pop tubes but THINK the beam is scattering &
not hitting the screen directly. On many sets @1975 this could happen
A vert out would short
DC got on the yoke
This caused the beam to shift off the screen & you would get
a dim blank foggy pix. from the scattering. When you turned it off
you would see a flash with a vert problem, either missing the
bottom or top half for a second.

73 Zeno
LFOD !
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-15-2023, 07:39 PM
samu samu is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
I dont know about lolly pop tubes but THINK the beam is scattering &
not hitting the screen directly. On many sets @1975 this could happen
A vert out would short
DC got on the yoke
This caused the beam to shift off the screen & you would get
a dim blank foggy pix. from the scattering. When you turned it off
you would see a flash with a vert problem, either missing the
bottom or top half for a second.

73 Zeno
LFOD !
Thanks for the help,

That sounds a lot like what I have here, but I don't quite understand how simply swapping the vertical coil leads can cause all of this. It works fine if I swap them back to normal.

As for the flashing and missing of half of the screen when turning it off, it doesn't look that way in person. I'll link some videos I took of it both swapped and normal.

Here's the menu sweep with no vertical swap: https://youtu.be/Q9U8DVKnXiU
Here's the menu sweep (it's a little hard to see) with the swap: https://youtu.be/V4hkpaW4GHM
Here it is turning off with no swap: https://youtu.be/FNcV1TAB-LQ
Here it is turning off while swapped: https://youtu.be/_4dOJMq9uhI


Maybe that gives some clues... idk

P.S. If anyone else has a 4 inch flat CRT unit like this that's just sitting around, I would greatly appreciate it if you wanted to try swapping the vertical leads and see what happens.
Just take care to check the resistances between the leads and only swap between leads that have continuity (the higher resistance leads at about 15ohms are the vertical ones).

Last edited by samu; 01-15-2023 at 08:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-18-2023, 11:06 AM
zeno's Avatar
zeno zeno is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,918
If you have a scope look at & compare the wave form & DCV on
both swapped & unswapped wires. may be a clue there.

Zeno
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 01-19-2023, 05:41 PM
JeffB JeffB is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3
Try rotating the deflection yoke 180 degrees to match the flipped vertical.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.