Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-13-2024, 04:03 PM
ARC Tech-109 ARC Tech-109 is offline
Retired Batwings Tech
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 611
Thanks. I have a small EDM-Pabst whisper fan running on the bottom pushing a draft up thru the chassis and the other holes are covered with cardboard, it's strong enough to feel coming out of the cabinet back and the internal temp is down a good 20F according to my Fluke type-k thermometer.

I do have a good supply of 6LQ6 sweepers plus a number of the 6LF6 and 6LB6 that would only require a socket and screen resistor change if needed. The bigger problem I've been having is with gassy damper tubes, two have failed recently with one taking the primary fuse out. Most of my used tube stock goes back to the 1980's but the most recent 6DW4 was a NOS pulled from the carton and dated 1977... new when I was in the 3rd grade. We have a big surplus store called AxMan in St. Paul that has a good stock of NOS TV types for a couple bucks each so I'm going to grab a handful of those and the 6GH8s. They even have NOS 6CW4 and 6DS4 Nuvisters if anyone is interested, I'm not looking to make a buck just cover the purchase and postage and I'm open to trades.

New thermal issue has cropped up, takes a few minutes for the horizontal to drop down in frequency enough for HV and sweep, I suspect one of the "new" resistors is bad but it's not running the horiz output in full conduction from a lack of drive. Other issue is the color killer seems to also have a thermal problem killing the chroma until things warm then it returns to full saturation, guess I need to invest in a can of R-152 known as keyboard duster.

It's been quite a journey and honestly I didn't think it would still be going to this day, a one owner set from 1970 still in the family? Might just outlive me.

Last edited by ARC Tech-109; 09-13-2024 at 04:05 PM. Reason: because Im too lazy to use spell check
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.