Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-31-2025, 11:27 PM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
RCA 741PCS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,826
I was rather surprised to discover the crazed finish on top was shellac! Even better the crud I thought was damaged was all junk on top of the shellac!
Denatured alcohol and a little scraping got it off. I ran out of alcohol so it's not quite done, but here's how it looks so far.


If I need to even out the color, I may use a little tinted lacquer or stain. Then clear coat with lacquer.
__________________
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.