Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2025, 03:48 PM
vol.2's Avatar
vol.2 vol.2 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex KL-1 View Post
A bad driven HOT can cause issues. Normally this acts a switch. An driver error and timing gets wrong. Remembering that H circuits are tuned (at least flyback), so, a wrong timing affects linearity; Gross errors explodes the HOT. Hosc and driver can be suspects in this case.
I've investigated the driver transistors, and I can't find anything funny there. However, I've found that Q501 has a funny voltage.

Q501 is supposed to have a negative voltage (-0.2V) on the base, and yet it has about 1.8V. When I measure the source, it's all correct voltages before the base.

In this case, I assume that the transistor is switched off, and something beyond the collector and emitter is supposed to be sinking current, keeping the base at a negative voltage.

The only thing there I see wrong is the amplitude of the waveform between the phase detector diodes. It's supposed to be 14Vpp, but it's like 10.5Vpp.

I don't have any replacements for the germanium diodes in stock, but I ordered something that should work, so I'll replace them and see if that helps.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-06-2026, 07:16 AM
Alex KL-1 Alex KL-1 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Brazil (Paraná)
Posts: 515
10.5V of amplitude here explains pretty much about image size. Even if C558 is dry perhaps this occurs (bad HOT biasing in cutoff).
About base of Q501, either sync amplitude and HOUT amplitude will affects if it will rectify excess amplitude (and provokes the desired negative base voltage). But any R, C or diode can be culprit in the path. Or, simply the flyback have a very unusual fault and behaves like it are mistuned..... then a experimentation with C560 (the resonant cap one), adding a little or subtracting a little (put a 2nF/1.6kV poliprop in parallel with it), to see if pulses rise. But I advise to try to find the driver cause first.
I just remember to made this in the past in one misterious behaving TV.
__________________
So many projects, so little time...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.