Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-08-2026, 10:09 PM
luRaichu's Avatar
luRaichu luRaichu is offline
NIGHT STALKER
 
Join Date: Mar 2024
Location: United States
Posts: 205
I will look into color calibration since I've already got this set cracked open, although it looks fine to me.
When adjusting the G2 on this set, there's a very sharp cutoff for when the red flashing is triggered. I lowered it until a black picture appeared fully black. The service manual shows a proper procedure for setting G2 but I kinda don't have patience to drag out my Tek 422 and make a voltage divider to measure the color cathode voltages
__________________

We're all in the same boat.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-08-2026, 10:51 PM
vol.2's Avatar
vol.2 vol.2 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by luRaichu View Post
I will look into color calibration since I've already got this set cracked open, although it looks fine to me.
When adjusting the G2 on this set, there's a very sharp cutoff for when the red flashing is triggered. I lowered it until a black picture appeared fully black. The service manual shows a proper procedure for setting G2 but I kinda don't have patience to drag out my Tek 422 and make a voltage divider to measure the color cathode voltages
Color background is measured by displaying a black raster and bringing the G2 up to the point where you have a very dim color.

The dim color you see should ideally be a perfect very dark grey of the color temperature target you chose.

The red flashes suggest that you are seeing a very red dark grey, which is wrong.

The brightest parts of the raster are controlled by the drive pots, and controlled independently from the bias controls, so you can have "correct" colors in the brightest areas without having proper color bias.

This is a problem because you won't have proper colors in the regions between the darkest parts of the raster and the brightest parts of the raster. That's what is called "color tracking."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.