Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-02-2026, 03:55 PM
vortalexfan vortalexfan is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 1,986
I figured the cartridges were probably of the crystal variety, I wonder if the playback tone-arm could at least be retro-fitted with a modern ceramic cartridge, to make that at least functional again? I really don't care if the recording part works or not because it would just be more for show and tell purposes (mostly tell) because I doubt one could find a magnetic cutting head/cartridge that would work with a tone-arm as big and heavy as this thing is. Anyways The radio part definitely looks high quality and definitely looks like it would be a good Night time DX'er. It also has a Tuning Eye Tube for the radio which is nice. One thing I'm wondering about is how hard would it be to find an original microphone for this unit, so I can have it for looks?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.