Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3  
Old 10-07-2026, 08:26 PM
Username1's Avatar
Username1 Username1 is offline
Not sure how I got here.
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County NY
Posts: 3,658
.


You are right about the 4L60E's our 1997 Express Van got 138K out of the factory unit.
I think it was the Sun Shell that went, Anyway I got a Manufactured one from Street
Smart Transmissions with all the better parts in it and it's working well and now
has 223K - rust is catching up with it so I'll be doing some frame work on it
soon.... Good vehicle I wanna keep it...

The 4l80's also have their issues - Best to learn what your in for early
and be ready.... I don't even see 4l60's on Street Smart website
Anymore, I wonder if the 4l80's will be gone soon too.

From what I have heard the 6, 8, and 10 speeds are much worse...
Keep the old stuff as long as possible.... I hate the i-pad-dash
cars too.....

Good luck with the new wheels.....


.
__________________
Yes you can call me "Squirrel boy"

Last edited by Username1; 10-07-2026 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.