Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-31-2005, 12:29 AM
kc8adu's Avatar
kc8adu kc8adu is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: dayton ohio
Posts: 654
thats the tube.
i have a few nib i got from ebay too.
got a spare for my 8-303w? too.
if you are patient you can get em for <20.00
__________________
i collect and restore vintage radio's,tv's,and ham gear.
email for more info
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Jonathan Jonathan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 326
Hello,

I received my 5-303W yesterday. I purchased a 1/8 to F adapter and connected my satellite receiver to it. The picture is tilted slightly, and it seems to flicker in contrast or brightness, I can't tell which. The picturte is really sharp, so the tuner and IF sections are good. Just now as the TV plays, I heard a sizzle/release of hot liquid, and some smoke came out. I'm guessing it's an electrolytic. It's playing now as I write this, but it's being turn off in a few minutes.

What do you guys usually do to these sets to make them more reliable and operate better? Is it a good idea to replace every electrolityc? Also, the paper/oil capacitor, this must be replaced as well? Other than replacing these capacitors, since the tuner and IF section is in good condition, I suppose that is all that needs to be done other than cleaning pots, etc?

Thanks.

Jonathan
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.