Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-04-2005, 09:36 PM
bgadow's Avatar
bgadow bgadow is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Federalsburg, MD
Posts: 5,865
I'm still holding out hope that I'll get one. But it sure as heck won't be via eBay. If I get one it will be at the flea market or some yard sale or used furniture store, maybe the auction barn-my usual haunts!

Back in the winter there was an estate auction about an hour and a half away where they advertised they would be selling that town's first tv set! I decided it wasn't worth the drive but a few weeks later I spotted the tv, with documentation, on the floor of an antique mall. The price wasn't unreasonable, in the $125 range as I recall, but it was from about '48. (an RCA) Seeing as I have NEVER spent over $100 on ANY tv set, new or used, I wasn't ready to do it here, either!
__________________
Bryan
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-05-2005, 08:53 AM
prewtv's Avatar
prewtv prewtv is offline
Dennis
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Racine WI
Posts: 98
Under TV SWAP BOARD I had started Wanted RCA 621 cabinet.
A 1st Pic of base and 2 sides of home made cabinet is there.
Worked for 3 weekends on trying to install front and top. I found
I dont have skill to bend plywood so I used a cheat a 1/4
round section at curve that has lips to glue front and top to.
Next step is to put final layer of wood on to tie 3 pieces together
and make it look like I bent plywood.

Last edited by prewtv; 07-05-2005 at 08:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-21-2005, 11:11 AM
prewtv's Avatar
prewtv prewtv is offline
Dennis
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Racine WI
Posts: 98
621 heaven

Just got that rough 621 from EBAY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

when I saw 2 others on EBAY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-21-2005, 05:43 PM
vintagecollect's Avatar
vintagecollect vintagecollect is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 658
Sweet tv!!! what TV your avatar??
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-21-2005, 05:48 PM
vintagecollect's Avatar
vintagecollect vintagecollect is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 658
Nice cabinet, some work must have gone into that!!!! You can only but be proud you made your own 621 cabinet!!! Definetely looks same as original to me.

Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.