Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-06-2005, 09:21 PM
heathkit tv
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Well, as I said......the set had been on for several hours straight and I had sorta dozed off.....this TV probably has never seen this much continual use in it's life......I was awoken by a kinda pop noise and opened my eyes only to see a raster as pictured above.

Can cold solder joints exhibit in this manner? I mean can they just go "pop" like this? My feeble knowledge leads me to believe a component failure is more likely. Hopefully some of the resident RCA experts will share their thoughts on this. Thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.