![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Vt-71
Next up is this Motorola VT-71, a common set but in uncommon condition. This thing is clean, the CRT also seems to be in great shape, it was nice and bright when I hooked it up to my working VT, I'll have to clean the mask gunk off to be sure though.
The only big cabinet defect is the channel numbers, as you can see thay are not right. I see that radiolaguy.com is now selling a set of repro decals for this set so I will probably pick up a set. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Philco 50-70?
Here's a Philco 7" in brown Bakelite.
This set is in need of some help, the tuner shaft is bent, the knobs and back are missing, the CRT however is very strong! I have another one of these in black with a weak CRT so this may be a parts set. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Teletone
Next up is a Teletone 149.
The chassis in this set is missing parts, the back is also missing but the CRT is pretty good and I have another chassis so maybe it is worth fixing up. The knobs are common RCA stuff so that's not a big problem and the cabinet is decent. |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hoffman
This is probably the nicest set of the bunch, it's a beautiful little 10" Hoffman complete with a stand that may or may not be factory but is very nice in any case!
The CRT came up ok after a little cooking, it may not be good as new but it should work fine. Since it looked like it had been stored well I decided to go ahead and plug this set in, it didn't explode or anything, in fact it had strong static in the speaker and sounded like it would probably tune a station if I had an antenna, there was no hum, there was no light on the screen though so I will have to check and see if the HV is working. |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Picture tube.
Lastly this brand new Raytheon CRT arrived at my work today!
Shown here next to the set it's going in. I bought this from a guy who has a bunch of CRT's listed on the Early Television Site. http://www.earlytelevision.org/info_wanted.html the listing is a little more than half way down, just use "Find" and enter "Cathode Ray" I was reluctant to buy something from someone I didn't know but it turned out fine so maybe if you need a tube on his list you can work a deal. |
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Eric:
That first set you pictured looks like it uses the same chassis that I used in my color wheel project. It may be a Coronado made by Gamble-Skogmo (or at least sold by them). Mine has a variable tuner and the small knobs in the front are left to right, brightness, vertical and horizontal. Check Sams 145-5 to see if it is the same chassis. Steve |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Only 5 sets? There were more to be had and you did not buy them?
polaraman |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|