![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I agree. Bonanza and Disney were a turning point for color. And the NBC Peacock at the start of each show didn't hurt a bit. Although it wouldn't be until 1967 that color sets outsold b&w. -Steve D.
__________________
Please visit my CT-100, CTC-5, vintage color tv site: http://www.wtv-zone.com/Stevetek/ |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Steve,
That's about the time I was saving my allowance money to get one of those silly GE PortaColor sets. I wanted color TV, dammit! We didn't get a color set until November 6, 1968; a Zenith with Space Command. The first thing we watched on it was Mannix. That date sure stuck in my mind; it was an important one in my young life I guess..... (Ya think?)
__________________
http://www.stevehoffman.tv |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|