Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-30-2005, 06:20 AM
Pete Deksnis's Avatar
Pete Deksnis Pete Deksnis is offline
15GP22 demo @ ETF 2007
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy
...next time you should crank up a true HDTV signal on that hdtv set if you want to see the CT-100 get even more green... with envy ; )
The color resolution, screen acreage, widescreen 16x9, luma resolution, six-channel sound, brightness, and just plain digital stability of HDTV produces an awesome video experience. One I never want to miss.

Books and charts say the color gamut is greater with 1953 NTSC, as I interpret them anyway. My gnawing itch wonders if WB11 actually transmitted the video with wide-enough gamut to make the effect I saw on the CT-100 vs. the HDTV. I wonder if the cartoon makers had their software set to 1953 NTSC. I wonder if the NTSC generator in my VCR is spitting out a color bar signal good enough to calibrate the CT-100. I wonder, as I wander…!

Oh well, only 63 more days to the next Rose Bowl.

Last edited by Pete Deksnis; 10-30-2005 at 09:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.