Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #25  
Old 12-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryR
Bear with me guys, as this is the first CRT I've tested with the CR-30 tester. I have the connector on the CRT socket, the directions say to connect the alligator clip that's on the connector to the HV anode terminal on the side of the tube. I don't see one on the 9QP4, do I have to remove the CRT to see it? Is the 9PQ4 a metal cone type CRT?

JerryR
The 9QP4 doesn't have the anode on the side, it's in the base of the tube, the pin that's all by itself. I don't know if your tester has to have this connection or not, the B&K's don't.

I doubt your tube is bad, it seems plenty bright so the emissions are good, it could have other problems but those are rare and the fact that both sets are doing the same thing seems more likely to be a video problem.

I have three of these sets in working condition but none of them worked as found, recapping was needed to get them going. The CRT's in all of mine had various problems too, one is weak (rejuved), one had a broken HV anode wire (patched up) and the other just seems to be a poor quality rebuilt tube (dim).

Theres barely $10 worth of caps in this set and an hours time once you have it apart. I would start with that and see where you are.

Last edited by Eric H; 12-04-2005 at 05:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.