Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 02-13-2006, 12:00 PM
kx250rider's Avatar
kx250rider kx250rider is offline
REAL TVs have TUBES!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Dallas
Posts: 3,239
Dr. Dan has one that I have repaired, and it's working great with strong tube! It's the 1951 version with the single chassis and click-detent tuner, whereas the early one has the 2-piece chassis and Mallory Inputuner. I originally found that one in Simi Valley, CA... Was in the paper "Big B&W TV, works, Great for kids, $25". The ad was so classic that I saved it. The ad didn't even say DuMont! That was in the mid 80s. The other Royal Sovereign I had (now also Dan's), is the early two-chassis set. CRT OK, but not working. That one also came from a newspaper ad, and it has an interesting history: actress Jeanette McDonald was the original owner, and had given it to a friend. The friend stuck it in the garage where it sat for all those years. At least that ad said "enormous".

And John, I stand corrected! The Crosley in your photo is indeed different from the DuMont 2-piece chassis.


Charles
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.