Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4  
Old 03-27-2006, 10:54 PM
wa2ise's Avatar
wa2ise wa2ise is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nelson
A large power resistor on my RCA 630TS is shot. This is R185a/b, a two-section jobby spec'd at 1360 ohms/17 watt and 230 ohms/10 watt.

I see an Ohmite adjustable vitreous enamel resistor in various values.

Am I right in guessing that you can adjust the resistor down from its maximum value? For example, if I got the 1.5K/25 watt, could I adjust it down to 1360 ohms?
Add an extra 100 ohm power resistor to the unused end and you'd have the 230 ohm part as well. The adjustable tab becomes the tap, like on the old resistor.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.